Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My 9 year old cat was accidentally left out on the porch and

Customer Question

My 9 year old cat was accidentally left out on the porch and he ran off. We his litter box on the porch and this morning there was urine in it. Would another cat (stray) use his box? Hoping not and that it was him.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm sorry to hear about your little one being gone. The urine in that litter box has a very good chance of being from him in my opinion. If you've not seen other stray cats in the area prior to this, it would seem unlikely that one would now venture onto your porch to use a litter box. Your guy knows the area and I would feel the chance of him coming back to be on your porch to use the litter box is much higher than another cat doing this. Hopefully here soon, he'll come back and be able to be placed back into the house. I'm hoping for the best.