Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 14 year old female cat is crying and unable to urinate,

Customer Question

My 14 year old female cat is crying and unable to urinate, although repeated attempts. What can I give her to ease her discomfort, and what could cause this?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is she going in and out of the litter constantly with little to no urine output?

3- Any other symptoms?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This response came some 7 hours after it was asked, and the response was only in the form of more questions which I was no longer available to provide answers for. To be charged for this defeats the purpose of your existence and I will protest any charge put through for this useless service.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, I am sorry there were no experts available when you posted the question. As I logged in that morning I submitted some questions to have a better understanding of what was happening. I clearly also stated to answer the questions "if you would like to continue." As far as charges, this is something that you will need to discuss with customer service. I am certain they will be able to help you. Again, I am sorry for the delay in response. Hopefully we can help you in the future with better timing.

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

PD: I hope Tango is doing fine.

Dr. Peter