Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

While my sister was feeding m he nit thru the nipple and

Customer Question

While my sister was feeding him he nit thru the nipple and swallowed approc. 1/2 inch of the long, narrow kind.That was approx. 7:30 last night. What do I need to do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

At this point, there is nothing more you can do except continue to feed him normally. The best thing that can happen is that he will pass the piece of rubber out in his poop in the next 1-2 days. The worst thing that can happen is that the nipple will get stuck in his intestines and cause a blockage. If this happens he will stop eating and possibly start vomiting. This may not happen for several days if the rubber remains in his stomach for awhile before passing into his intestines. If he stops eating, you will need to take him to your local veterinarian or local animal emergency room as soon as possible.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Any problems with vomiting or not eating today? Have you found the nipple in her feces? Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be paid for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rackit. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar