Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 5 wk. old kitten bit off about 1/2 inch of rubber nipple

Customer Question

my 5 wk. old kitten bit off about 1/2 inch of rubber nipple while feeding and swallowed it. what do need to do
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Rackit. You would probably be surprised how often this happens!

My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am sorry to see you did not get help from an expert before now. I just came online and saw your question.

How is Rackit doing? Do you still need help with him? This is a big enough piece of rubber that it could cause a blockage in his intestines, but since it is rubber and soft, it may also pass. There is just no way to predict which will happen. If he gets a blockage, he will stop eating and start to vomit, so as long as he is eating, that is a good sign.

Let me know how he is doing, if you still need help with him, and if you have more questions I can answer. I again apologize for the delay; I took your question as soon as I saw it.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Rackit doing?