Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

WE HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD CAT WHICH SUDDENLY HAS A SWOLLEN

Customer Question

WE HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD CAT WHICH SUDDENLY HAS A SWOLLEN CHECK,,THE CAT LET ME TOUCH THE CHECK ,DID NOT SEEM TO BE SENSITIVE.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Big Boy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has he been swollen?

Does he go outside, or live with other cats? An infected cat bite is a common cause for a swollen cheek.

Is he eating and drinking normally?

I hope to hear from you soon; a little more information will help me answer your question. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just noticed today.
he does go out side. he does not appear to have been in a fight,,no other injuries.eating and drinking ok.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to make phone calls for the website. We can continue in this format or I can opt out and you can wait for an expert who can call you.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

If he goes outside, a fight is a possibility. Sometimes all you see is a swelling.

Good that he is eating and drinking. Let me know if you want to continue with me.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Big Boy doing?