petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

What are sedation options a cat on an airplane. Atlanta to

Customer Question

What are sedation options for taking a cat on an airplane. Atlanta to Colorado Springs 3-4 hour flight
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

There are really no over the counter sedation options that are reliable for the trip. There are a few options of prescription drugs including fluoxetine and gabapentin, and you would need to have your veterinarian prescribe them. They would be best at deciding which would be a more appropriate choice for Lily based on her medical history.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z