Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 18 year old cat is straining to pee all over the house.

Customer Question

My 18 year old cat is straining to pee all over the house. She picks a spot on the rug and sits there for a good 5 minutes then tries another spot. She has been diagnosed with moderate renal failure. She just vomitted and has been doing that more and more frequently but the other behavior I have not seen before. Should i take her to emergency?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, the symptoms that you are describing in Annie could be related to a urinary tract infection. However, having a history of kidney disease it is important to rule out renal failure. For this reason I would strongly recommend having her checked immediately by a veterinarian. If you have access to ER vet I would have her checked today. Attending vet will do some blood work and urinalysis to determine if this is related to a urinary tract infection or renal failure.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Annie. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter