Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

The house I live in is next to a stable, and they keeps cats

Customer Question

The house I live in is next to a stable, and they keeps cats in the barn and tack rooms to control the rodent population. I have noticed that one of the cats seems to have sinus congestion (if cats have sinuses) or head cold symptoms for a few months now. Is there anything I could give it to treat this? I'm concerned for the cats health as the weather starts to get colder -- I'm in NY.
Thank you
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trying to help this barn kitty. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Many of these sinus infections (yes, cats have sinuses) are viral and have to run a course, just like when we get a cold. If it has been going on for awhile, you could try getting some Terramycin online or from a feed store, and putting it in her eyes once to twice daily. You can put children's nose drops, 1 drop once to twice daily, in her nose. Little Noses is safe to use in cats.

If it continues, she may have a bacterial infection and may need antibiotics. You would have to take her to a veterinarian to get antibiotics for her.

Let me know how she is doing and what other questions you have. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see my answer. Can I help with anything else? How is she doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jg,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?