Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat Roxey wee 's on my bed, is there an answer problem.I

Customer Question

My cat Roxey wee 's on my bed , is there an answer for this problem.I have tried a lot of remedies but nothing works . Thank you Gloria Wirth
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet Roxey today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? When did this problem start? Has her urine ever been tested for an infection? What remedies have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
00
P problem started a couple of years ago . Have had urine tested many times but am just told to keep her on the special biscuits which cost a fortune at the Vets the are called Hills Prescription diet Kidney Care .I hope you can help Thank You Gloria Wirth

Sorry for the delay I just saw your response. If your veterinarian has ruled out an urinary tract infection, then it is likely Roxey is exhibiting this behavior due to some type of anxiety. So there are options you can try to see if reducing anxiety will help with the behavior. One option you can try is a pheremone spray or diffuser called Feliway. This can be purchased online at many online pet stores. It may work because the spray or collar has a pheremone meant to ease anxiety in cats. If that does not seem to have an effect. Then you can talk to your veterinarian about prescribing oral anti-anxiety medications. The most common I prescribe in cats are Amitryptylline or Elavil, and Buspar. These will help determine if anxiety is indeed a factor in Roxey's signs.