Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I'm broke and its a weekend my cat came in last night like

Customer Question

I'm broke and its a weekend my cat came in last night like equillibriums off ive felt him all over no pain anywhere he walks like hes about to tip over
any suggestions for a home remedy ?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Does he have any debris or gunk in either ear, especially the ear on the side he is falling too?

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think its wax build up when I rub behind his ear theres like a sloshing noise and right below his ear round the neck area theres a little knot or it feels like a knot and when I massage it he flicks his head
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. There is something you can get from the drug store to irrigate the ears. Use saline for irrigation, sterile saline, or eye wash. This will help remove some of the pus and wax that's in the outer ear. Unfortunately the problem is in the inner ear and irritation only reaches a small amount of the middle ear, it gets nowhere near the inner ear. So flushing is a good idea and will help control the infection from worsening, but in most cases it will not take care of the problem. DO NOT put any medicated drops, even from the vet, in the ear. Anything but saline or eye wash will likely render Scarey Larry permanently deaf! If the flushing does not take care of the problem, and unfortunatley most of the time that's the case, then you'll need to find some way to get antibiotics. Only the blood stream and surgery can reach the inner ear. If we do nothing we hope the body takes care of the problem before permanent scarring and deafness set in. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan