Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My cat has had diarrhea past two days ( very loose stool

Customer Question

My cat has had diarrhea for the past two days ( very loose stool watery ). What should I do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Batman and his diarrhea. I am happy to help you this evening. Cats with diarrhea for a couple days usually will need some medical intervention to get them back to normal stools. It could be that he ate something he wasn't suppose to like a bug or such that has caused stomach upset or even a virus or bacteria that has caused this. Unlike dogs there is nothing safe over the counter that can be given to cats to help with diarrhea. It is recommended to get him to your vet for an exam and to have his stools checked for any possible parasites. Then appropriate medications will be given to treat the diarrhea. Make sure he has plenty of water until you can get him to the vet to help prevent dehydration. Also do not feed anything else besides cat food. You can try over the counter sensitive stomach food but often times switching food can make diarrhea worse so be careful. Again it is best to have him seen to get him over this diarrhea.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You

You are very welcome. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I am happy to help you. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!