petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

TOOK MY CAT(had fever) TO TWO VETS. ITS BEEN 5 DAYS.NO, DOES

Customer Question

TOOK MY CAT(had fever) TO TWO VETS. ITS BEEN 5 DAYS.NO BM, DOES T.T. ,LIFELESS HAD MANY TESTS, NO B.M's BUT STILL FEVER ANTIBIOTIC.Still w/vet.Still has fever. DOES URINATE, BUT NO BM. E RAY PROVEN SMALL '
ITEMS IN INTESTINES.vet tried flushing.No affect; BUT STILL he has fever . WHAT COULD BE WRONG?
Age: 1 1/2 years. Thank you 10-30-15 ***@******.***
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance.

If your vet is seeing small items or possible foreign bodies in the intestines, it may be that Felix has an intestinal obstruction. This can lead to fever and anorexia. If it is not passing through the intestine, Felix may need surgery to have that removed in order for his symptoms to resolve. If you vet is unsure if this is the problem, sometimes xrays taken after a barium swallow will help to outline the obstruction.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z