Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My cat has had a litter of 4 kittens total. First kitten was

Customer Question

My cat has had a litter of 4 kittens total.
First kitten was born about 30hours before the others. The first cat died. Which I believe was intentional as it was very demanding while she was in labour with others. Now 3 more remain. 48h later, One looks very poorly and is clearly dying, I have tried breifly to try help it on to mums boob
And have briefly tried hand feeding. But it's just not working. This leads me to my question.
I am scared I have upsett the Apple cart by handling the poorly kitten. Also I have placed during kitten back with mum. Which she is still keeping warm. If the kitten dies at what point do I remove it. I don't want to risk any harm to the others?
Submitted: 1 year ago via KittenCare.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. First off ,you can take that kitten and get milk replacer at pet store and feed it every 4 hours around the clock and you may be bale to save it. The milk needs to be warm,not hot. Check temperature on your wrist to make sure it is just right. You can also purchase bay bottle for kittens and puppies. Your local pet store should be bale to help you with this. It does not hurt for you to feed it and then place back with the mother. You may have to work with it some to get it to eat. This does take some effort. If the kitten dies, you should take it away immediately and bury it. Just be sure it is actually passed. I would encourage you to work harder at trying to save it as many of them can be saved. You have not hurt anything by handling the kitten. This is not a problem with kittens and puppies. I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you need further assistance.Sincerely, ***** ***** will check back with you tonight.

Please hit rate my service as this is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have follow up questions and I will check back with you tonight.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's perfect.Thanks for your reply.
We've managed to hold her on to mums teet to feed and she building up strengh slowly.n
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Great! That is wonderful! Please let me know if you need further assistance. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Sincerely, DRB