Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My ferret ate some of a brownie. He is now quit lathargec,

Customer Question

My ferret ate some of a weed brownie. He is now quit lathargec, sleeping mostly, when he does walk it's as if he has no equilibrium and is very twitchy No puking but his stool is loose.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is breathing ok, and from what I can tell he hasn't had a seizure.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If this happened 12 hours ago, we will be limited with what we can do at home for Moose. This is because he will have already absorbed this drug and the chocolate as we can see with his signs. Therefore, care at this stage needs to be symptomatic. If he has loose stool, we want to start a light diet (ie boiled chicken, scrambled egg, meat baby food (a garlic/onion free one)). Furthermore, we want to encourage him to drink (you can flavor his water with low salt chicken broth or lactose free milk) to help flush these toxins out. Otherwise, it is a case of keeping him calm and somewhere he cannot injure himself while this passes. Of course, if his lethargy and wobbliness is severe, then we'd want to have him to his local vet for IV fluids. These will help flush both toxins from his system and get him feeling back to normal as quickly as possible.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Since we posted at the same time, I will repost my answer here.

I hope this information is helpful.

All the best,

Dr. B.