Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Because of price I bought Advantage II 55 lbs or larger. I

Customer Question

Because of price I bought Advantage II for dogs 55 lbs or larger. I have 10 CATS weighing from 5 lbs to 23 lbs. Cab I use this & how do I break down the dodage.
I've been given different answers and pray for there health and my ability to afford them.
Jelp
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now this is one of the few flea products that contains the same active ingredients (Imidacloprid and Pyriproxyfen) for cats and dogs. Therefore, you can divide a dog intended Advantage II flea product among multiple cats. To do so though, we'd need to group your cats into those that are 5-9lbs and those that are larger. As well, you will want to pick up a small syringe (no needle) from your local vet or pet store. The smaller group would need just 0.4ml of the product applied monthly. And those larger cats can have up to 0.8ml applied.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! :