Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

I have an outside ferril cat -7 years who is not eating as

Customer Question

i have an outside ferril cat for 5-7 years who is not eating as of 2-3 days. Is there anything I can do? She drank water this morning-she is in a heated kitty tube in the old weather now-
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are many conditions that will cause a cat to not eat including infection, metabolic disease, or cancer. Since Whisper is ferril, the only thing you can try, if possible, is to give her a dose of Nutrical, available at the pet store, every 4-6 hrs. This is a nutritional supplement that stimulates appetites and will give her the nutrients she needs to get past this. If this does not help, your only option is to try to catch Whisper so your vet ca examine her to know for sure what is causing this and how best to treat this.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** what you suggested.

Excellent! I hope this helps!!