petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My kitten has a small red spot on s head, he didn't have it

Customer Question

My kitten has a small red spot on his head, he didn't have it this morning. It is quite small and it doesn't seem to by her his if I touch it.
Should I take him to the vet or keep an eye on it?
Can send picture if able
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Kai today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

If it just appeared today and doesn't seem to be bothering him, it is probably ok to just keep an eye on to tonight.

It would be helpful if you could send a picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is a photo, thanks for your help
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photo.

It looks like it may be a trauma of some sort may be a possibility, but with the surrounding hair loss, it could be a dermatologic lesion. If it is not resolving in the next day or two or if you start to see other lesions like that popping up, I would definitely have him examined. If not a trauma, like an abrasion, it could be an excoriation (if he is scratching or rubbing his head). Flea bites, mange and ringworm would all be possibilities, so if not improving, I would have him checked for those.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to run into the walls when he's playing, do you think if he hit a corner it could have happened?
I've treated him with revolution so that should rule out fleas and ringworm right?Again thank you!
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Revolution would decrease the likelihood he was dealing with fleas, but ringworm is a fungus and would need to be treated differently.

Here is a link with more information about ringworm and how it is spread and treated.

LINK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I'll keep an eye on it, thank you
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.