Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Something is wrong with my cat. I havd had m since 1999 and

Customer Question

Something is wrong with my cat. I havd had him since 1999 and he was about 2 years old then. The last 2 days he usually comes running for hiz food and he has not. Today i put his food next to him and he licked it but never ate it. He lays on his bed and is very lathargic. He does nor even purr. He grunts that is it. He does not even get up.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Has Vinnie had any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Any pawing at his mouth or making crunching noises with his teeth?

Is he drinking? Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took him to my vet. today and they found masses in his abdomen. He had to be put to sleep because he was in a lot of pain. Needless to say this is not how I would have like to seen this resolved but completely understand. I miss him. Thank you for your response.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

The poor love,

I am so sorry to hear that he did have masses. Still, if he was in pain then letting him go was kindest choice you could make for him.

Please take care,

Dr. B.