Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

6 week old kitten vomiting periodically small amounts, no

Customer Question

6 week old kitten vomiting periodically small amounts, no loose stools, still alert and playful, ran around when let out of crate, ate this morning..skin pinch looks good, two other kittens seem fine..I was away for two days and husband fed them their normal food-friskeys kitten wet and dry food-I did notice some still damp barf on blankets in crate..they are rescue kittens that I've had for about a week-been wormed-they were all fine when I left Monday-is there anything I can give her to help settle her stomach..weight about 1 lb 9 oz
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Jingles. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is she still eating, and drinking?

Good that her stools are not loose, and the skin pinch test looks good. If you check her gums, are they pink in color?

You can give famotidine (Pepcid AC), but you will have to cut the pills very small. If she is 6 weeks, she is probably between 1 and 2 pounds? So you can give .5 to 1 mg of Pepcid twice daily, but the over the counter pills are 10 mg, so you will have to cut them very small, give a piece that is 1/10th to 1/20th of a pill.

If she is eating, probitoics may help. I like ones made especially for cats, like Fortiflora or Proviable. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria supplements.

Let me know how her gums look, and what else I can help with or answer. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your kitten doing? I hope you were able to see what I sent. Let me know if I can help with anything else.