Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

A couple weeks ago my cat kept going to the cat box and had

Customer Question

A couple weeks ago my cat kept going to the cat box and had some pink tint to urine took him to the vet couldn't really find a problem gave us some meds to calm bladder down after a couple days he was ok for about a week or so he's starting again he's not laying around and is eating
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. My name is Rebecca.

Do you know if your vet did a urinalysis? Or any test?

Pink urine can be a sign of a bladder infection, stones or crystals in the bladder, or "sterile cystitis" a condition where there is inflammation but not infection (no bacteria, so it is"sterile"). For stones and sterile cystitis, a change in diet can help. If there is an infection, antibiotics may be needed. A urinalysis is usually where we start to determine which of these is going on.

What was the medication that you tried from your vet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phenoxybenzamine
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that. Did it help at all? Was a urinalysis done?

This medication is supposed to relax the urethra, but does not treat infection, crystals, stones, or inflammation.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your cat doing? Can I help with or answer anything else?

If this were my own cat, I would do a urinalysis to look for a bladder infection or crystals in the urine.