petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Eye is inflamed sort the bottem of eye

Customer Question

Eye is inflamed sort the bottem of eye
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Was any testing of the eye done before the medications were prescribed?

What was the name of the medication that was used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know--I just payed the bill--120.00, and 37.00, the followed 10 days--so different.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Is Buddy squinting? Rubbing his eye?

Is there discharge from the eye?

Does the cornea look clear or cloudy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bottem of the eye, you can't see it. They is discharge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is squinting
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

This definitely sounds like something that needs to be re-evaluated by a veterinarian and since this has been going on so long without resolution, it may be a good idea for him to be examined by a veterinary ophthalmologist. Inflammation and discharge can be secondary to allergies, trauma, irritants, anatomical problems with the lids or lashes or even problems with their tears or tear ducts. There can even be problems with the eye internally like glaucoma that can cause redness and squinting.

Testing to measure the pressure in the eye, measure the tear production and evaluate the surface of the eye can be performed. On top of that, special equipment is needed for magnification and illumination of the eye and eyelids to look for disease.

It is best to keep any discharge from building up around his eyes by wiping gently with a warm water cloth. You can try flushing his eyes with eyewash or saline solution (like contact wearers use). He may also get some relief from an artificial tear type solution applied as frequently as needed to keep the eyes lubricated. The product called Genteal® is available over the counter (OTC) as a solution or a gel.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.