Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

What can I give my cat nose and sneezing? He still eats and

Customer Question

what can I give my cat for runny nose and sneezing? He still eats and plays so it's not uri......if figure allergies?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Buttons . My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

This could be allergies, or a viral infection.

You can try nose drops for children, like NaSal or Little Noses, 1 drop in each nostril once or twice daily.

Benadryl might help if it is allergies: 5 to 10 mg twice daily.

Let me know if I can help with or answer anything else. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention he shakes his head but I still thinks it's allergies.........he's been to the vet before with allergies. I'll try your suggestions....thank you much!
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

He might shake his head because of allergies, stuffy nose, etc. However, I always look into the ears of a cat that is shaking his head. You can only see about half the ear canal just looking in; you need an otoscope to see all of the ear canal and the ear drum.

You are welcome! Kindly consider rating my answer (always appreciated!); you can still get back to me with updates and questions after rating. Please do let me know how he is doing. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your cat doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hi Donna,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?