Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

How much does it cost to have your cat euthanized?

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm really sorry to hear that you need euthanasia services - I know that it can be a difficult decision. Cost of euthanasia varies significantly depending on your location and what services you require. For instance, if you need someone to come to your home, euthanize the kitty, AND cremate the kitty, it can cost upwards of $300-500. If you can take your kitty to the vet, depending on the hospital, costs can range from $35-$100 (again depending on your location and your vet), plus the cost of cremation if you're going to have that service too. Many humane societies will perform this service for very discounted or no fee - some request a donation be made to the shelter at that time to help them cover costs. The best way to find out costs in your area is to call around. I'd start with your local humane societies and shelters if you don't have a regular vet - that's likely to be the most affordable. If you're interested in having someone come to your home, try checking out Pet Loss at Home - it's a national network of veterinarians who do house call euthanasia: http://www.petlossathome.com]

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you :)

~Dr. Sara