Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

I have a Perison cat that got out mins. The next day threw

Customer Question

I have a Perison cat that got out for 10 mins. The next day Laura threw up bark A small piece. She is very active still and eating.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I just wanted to use this as needed basis so I don't want to go on monthly charges I thought it was only $40 per time you used it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please contact [email protected] for questions other than about Laura's health. I regret that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone.

My hope is that the bark represented all that Laura had inappropriately ingested and then vomited. As long as she continues to normally active and appetent there's no reason to have her vet attend to her. Persistent vomiting and anorexia are the hallmarks of gastrointestinal obstruction and if those symptoms arose a visit to her vet who would perform a thorough physical exam including either X-rays of ultrasound of Laura's abdomen would be in order. Please give me an update on Laura and please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.