Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

WHAT IS YOUR FEE TO ANSWER A QUESTION ABOUT POST OP CARE OF

Customer Question

WHAT IS YOUR FEE TO ANSWER A QUESTION ABOUT POST OP CARE OF 6 MO OLD FELINE THAT MAY HAVE THE BEGINNINGS ON AN INFECTION AFTER BEING SPAYED. i HAVE BOTH BENEDICTINE AND QUADRITOP.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to call the ASPCA hotline if I don't here from someone soon. Just very worried and need to know how to proceed asap. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. For questions concerning anything other than Minnie's health please contact***@******.***. I regret that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone. To answer you directly, infections associated with skin sutures are best addressed with a systemic antibiotic and if that antibiotic doesn't suffice the sutures need to be removed because they can cause a foreign body reaction followed by bacterial infection. The Quadritop and Benedictine won't be harmful but can't penetrate into the incision where infection may be hiding. In general, post-op complications should be attended to by the surgeon who should recheck Minnie gratis for you. Feel free to disregard my post if you've already had Minnie attended to. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.