Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My cat was lying in the litter box day/night, but now has

Customer Question

My cat was lying in the litter box for a day/night, but now has been coming out. She has lost weight and doesn't seem to be urinating. Is there anything I can do for her at home to help her? I must moved here and am only recently started getting paid.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your cat is sick. I am concerned that there are many possible problems that could cause her to be so lethargic and to loose weight. Possibilities include bladder infection, diabetes, kidney disease, cancer, and many more. I would offer canned food as an option to tempt her to eat, but beyond that, I don't think there are many home options that would help her.

Do you have a local humane society near you? They often have a full service veterinary hospital open to the public that is usually less expensive than general practices. You also can consider Care Credit. This is a health care credit card that you can use for yourself and your pets. Lastly, the ASPCA has an entire page dedicated to folks who want to help others with their vet bills. Check that page out at https://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/financial-help-my-vet-bills.

Good luck to you and Mia! I will be thinking about her tonight.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your Mia this evening? Is she still sick? Have you found a food that she likes? Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating our conversation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda