petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I have a male cat who seems to have trouble seeing & s eyes

Customer Question

I have a male cat who seems to have trouble seeing & his eyes are always dilated. When he wants to jump off table etc. he pauses for awhile like he's judging the distance. He stares at a curtain when birds are at the feeders.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance.

This is definitely something that you should have Sox evaluated for. it is possible that he may be experiencing a partial or detached retina as a cause of his eye and vision changes. Hypertension is a very common cause of detached retinas in cats and if identified and treated can lead to reattachment. Of course there are other causes of vision loss in cats, but this is one of the more common and possibly treatable ones.

I would urge you to make an appointment for an eye exam for him as soon as possible.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will see our veterinarian for an eye exam for Sox.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Great. Keep me posted as to how things progress.

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sherry,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.