Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Is there a way I can send a picture of my cat to you.

Customer Question

Is there a way I can send a picture of my cat to you. Something is on her face it does not look like a rash it started on her nose and up to one eye and her eye is mattered now it has moved to the other eye. She is shaking her head a lot too. She is eating and drinking fine. She is a stray that came up 7 years ago and has only been to the vet once and had to be sedated
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a file of a picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer please
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The photo is too out of focus to evaluate properly. Can you use a macro lens for a close-up photo? Can you tell me, please, if her skin is pruritic (itchy); in other words, you're seeing her rubbing her face and scratching at it quite often? The differential diagnoses should include Notoedric mange if pruritis is severe but fungal infection and pemphigus foliaceus (an autoimmune skin disease) if it isn't severe.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?