Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My cats right eye is cloudy, whitish near the bottom. It was

Customer Question

My cats right eye is cloudy, whitish near the bottom. It was a touch cloudy yesterday but now it appears worse. He doesn't go outside, is fully up to date with his shots and lives with one other cat in the house and they do "play". I'm worried that I should take him to a vet at once, I do have an appt for a week from today.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Boots. Yes, he needs to be attended to at your earliest convenience. You appear to be describing an anterior uveitis - inflammation of his iris and its attachments - and a hypopyon - collection of pus in the lower anterior chamber of his eye. There are a quite a few etiologies for uveitis which will take a bit of testing to clarify. In most cases both a systemic corticosteroid such as prednisolone and topical ophthalmic prednisolone is prescribed. If his cornea - the clear window of the eye - is inflamed it will appear cloudy and whitish as well. His vet can differentiate a corneal from uveal inflammation and it's also possible that both areas are involved in the disease process.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.