Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My kitten has a bulge in the top of s head. I hand raised m

Customer Question

My kitten has a bulge in the top of his head . I hand raised him and he is approx 5 weeks old. He was seen by a vet and we were told hydrocephalus. We are devestated. Can these resolve on there own? Is this common that they will resolve or is this false hope and wishful thinking. Thank you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did the bulge only just appear 3 days ago?

What signs is Samson showing?

Did his vet xray the skull?

Any history of head trauma?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so,this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr,Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.