Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

An stray kitten has an pop out eye and it is blood shot

Customer Question

an stray kitten has an pop out eye and it is blood shot please help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of this eye to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. A macro lesn is best for a closeup pic. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

I need to see what you mean by a "pop out eye.." Is this eye exophthalmic - the entire globe of the eye has shifted forward in the bony orbit? Or is the globe of the eye where it should be but it's enlarged (glaucoma)? In either case, neither vetropolycin nor l-lysine would be indicated.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?