Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Help, my friend gave me Vet's+Best Natural health care flea

Customer Question

help, my friend gave me Vet's+Best Natural health care flea and tick spray as my cat has terrible fleas. I sprayed a little on him and rubbed it around like it said and he is having a terrible skin reaction... looks bloody... I have been holding wet wash cloths... tried to rinse him but he took off.. he is washing now...what do I do? I have sleeping grandchildren who have school in the morning and have a*****to close on a house tomorrow... He is not crying,meowing or seem in distress... but looks awful
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Wiggles. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am also sorry you did not get help before now from an expert. I just came online and saw your question. How is he doing today? Do you still need help with him?

This product is mostly peppermint and clove oil, so he must be sensitive to one of those. You need to break down oil with detergent or soap, not just water. Bathing him in Dawn dish detergent, and then rinsing off the soap really well should removing whatever is irritating him, and will also help kill fleas.

I hope he is better today. Let me know if I can answer anything else. Rebecca