Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My daughter's cat has been lethargic days..only one urine

Customer Question

My daughter's cat has been lethargic for two days..only one urine ball in cat box..sleeping 90% of the day..tonight he's been staring at nothing today..have no way to take temp..his belly feels very warm. I'm taking him to my vet in the morning.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

You need to take him to the vet right now as there is a good possibility that he could be blocked in his urinary tract and if that is the case then he will be dead by tomorrow. Anytime a male cat acts like this they need to be checked by a vet immediately to make sure their urinary tract is not blocked. The other possibility is that he could have a fever and this is why he is laying around. Either way a vet needs to see him today! I check my computer each night so if you have more questions after seing the vet let me know. Best, DRB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree..taking him in this morning..thank you! I Wanted to take him in 3 days ago, his mom finally agrees..I held him all night..today he's active with instincts kicking in..but I layed down the law..he's STILL going in asap!
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Great!! Awesome! And I hope he is going to be ok.....let me know....and if you feel I gave you good service please accept my answer. If you need anything else, just let me know. I check my computer each night. Best, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I am checking back in with you to see if you need anything further. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I am checking back in to see if you need any follow up help. If not please accept my answer. Hope all is ok. Most sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI, I am checking back to see if you need further help. Most Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B