Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I put frontline on my cat but now i see tiny black ones of

Customer Question

I put frontline on my cat but now i see tiny black ones of some sort. I also have a rash on my back and ive been to the vet and dr. Ske licks continually.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. I'm sorry the expert you requested seems to be unavailable. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am sorry you are experiencing all these issues and it is truly important to figure out if your rash is related to what is going on with your cat. But I might need a bit of clarification to get you the best answer possible.

1)When you say you see "tiny black ones" to what are you referring? Are you seeing black dirt or black bugs you think are fleas? Or something else?

2)Where exactly is she licking continuously (her back/spine, underside, etc)?

Thank you for answering my questions.

As a side note, Frontline Plus (and top spot) no longer work well on cats. They do not seem to provide good flea control. So, it may truly be that you are having continued flea problems and a change of flea product would resolve this issue. The two most effective products right now are Revolution and Advantage (or Advantage Multi....but do NOT use the dog product on a cat).