Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

2 year old male neutered Manx cat. Lethargic, pale gums,

Customer Question

2 year old male neutered Manx cat. Lethargic, pale gums, eating some, no vomiting, no diarrhea. Fine yesterday. Skin neck test does not seem to show dehydration.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, having pale gums is a concern. This could be a sign of: Anemia (decrease red blood cells), dehydration, poor circulation, heart disease, etc. to name a few causes. In a young cat like Max I would really want to rule out anemia, this can explain why he is also lethargic. In order to determine the exact underlying cause Max will need to have some blood work done by your family veterinarian as initial screening test. Unfortunately we are very limited as to you can do at home; there is not much I can recommend for you to try at home that would have a significant therapeutic benefit. Treatment for Max will be based on exam and test results.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!