Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I have a 16 year old cat that went to the vet today because

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old cat that went to the vet today because he is sick. He had a fever of 104.5. The vet took blood work, we should have the result back tomorrow. The vet gave him an antibiotic shot of Baytril 2.27% (20 ml). He still has a fever of 104.3 as of now, is there anything I can give him? I have baby Bayer Asprin (81mg) among all sorts of other human medications.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. I'm very sorry to hear about this guy's situation. Don't I've him the aspirin. Cat's metabolism can't handle NSAID's well at all. Aspirin use isn't recommended in a situation like this as the chance for harming him is definitely there. All you can do at home for him in this situation is to have him in a quiet, cool area where he can rest. You could have a little cool water nearby for him to possibly have a drink if he wants. I wish there was more to do at home, but there just isn't. I'm hoping that the fever will break with the antibiotics in his system. I hope that the blood work comes back with some positive results.