Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat seems to void any liquids an the pee turns ...hard in

Customer Question

my cat seems to void any liquids an the pee turns ...hard in the litter box I found an animal(a possum) in the yard which seems like it might have been poisoned by my neighbor who would like to hurt me...almost ram me down with her car so I am suspicious. can anything be done?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are worried about Smokey. I am also sorry you have such an awful neighbor.

It is possible she put out antifreeze or mole poison but Smokey's symptoms could be caused by crystals in his urine. Kidney disease is common at his age. If that is the case, he will need a special diet. I recommend Royal canin renal food.

I would have him seen by a vet ASAP so he can be diagnosed and treated.

Please let me know what is found and how he is doing.

Love,

Terri