Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat has not been moving from a certain spot in our

Customer Question

My cat has not been moving from a certain spot in our bedroom. I'm unsure about how she feels because she has alwas been very fridged against alot of petting and affection. She will alow me to pet her and seems to enjoy it for a moment then becomes upset. She has always been kind of like this. But the real cause of my concern is that she has not moved in a few days unless she has and I have not noticed. I brought her some water and it seems like she was interested but only had dipped her lips in and then licked them a couple times. I have a plan to call the vet and set an appointment for as soon as possible but I am very curious to know what is going on with her.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Any changes to her breathing rate?

Any vomiting, retching, gagging, or lip licking?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

When did she last pass stool or urine? Was it normal?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cayla,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.