Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Have 4 six week old kittens infested with fleas. What can I

Customer Question

Have 4 six week old kittens infested with fleas. What can I Use to get rid of them, that is safe?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

With these little ones being so young, we will be limited in what we can safely treat them with. That said, you can safely use the spray version (not spot on) of Frontline. Frontline spray (Example) can be used as early as a few days of age, so this would be an option here. Most vets carry it but as you can see it can be purchased online. Otherwise, in the meantime, we'd want to flea comb the kittens to remove fleas and then dunk those fleas into dish soap to kill them.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )