Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Recently i found a feral kitten that was very weak she had

Customer Question

Recently i found a feral kitten that was very weak she had an appetite purred all the time and didnt have any respiratory symptoms but she had diarrhea an vomited occasionall which i figured that was the reason she was weak within a few days after finding her she died. So my question is do think she could have possibly been contagious since one of my house cats is displaying similar symptoms more of a listlessness and very weak he can barely perform things he always did like jumping etc he is eating and so far hasnt vomited or had diarrhea if the kitten that died had say feline leukemia could my grown cat develop it that quickly?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. How long ago was this kitten in your home and how long ago did she pass? Is Bobby still breathing normally? Any signs of upper respiratory issues with him? Is he strictly indoors?