Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Experience:  Specialist in Pet Healthcare and Behavior
1470369

I have a Chinchilla Silver Persian cat who will be 3 yrs.

Customer Question

I have a Chinchilla Silver Persian cat who will be 3 yrs. the 17th if this month, I have noticed that at least the last 3 months her tongue is always partially protruding....she is a happy playful girl and never really thought about it until a family member pointed it out. The closest vet is 2 hours away so thought to seek help here.. thank you for your time.
She was a Christmas present because of an accident that has put me as a stay at home lady!! ......PJ
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, PJ and welcome!

Thanks for your question about Snowflake; she sounds beautiful!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope you're doing well and Snowflake has been a wonderful addition to your household!

Sometimes, cats will stick their tongues out just a little bit for no particular reason (I had one like this!) and other times, this may be caused by an underlying oral or dental problem. However, for now, if she is eating, drinking, happy and playful, not exhibiting any symptoms of distress or pain, I would not worry too much about it.

If you continue to see this symptom on a steady basis, I always believe in erring on the side of caution, so an in person evaluation by a vet might be a good idea, to find out more.

I hope all will be well with you and Snowflake!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,
Cher