Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

I've heard IP6 Gold will & possibly cure the purple

Customer Question

I've heard IP6 Gold will & possibly cure the purple tumors in my cats ears. 1 capsule a day. Is it ok to give it to him & have you heard of it working?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's healthy other wise & weighed in at 26.6 pounds
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I believe that you're referring to sebaceous adenomas. Please see here: http://vetbook.org/wiki/cat/index.php/Ceruminous_adenoma I regret that you won't find IP6 Gold (inositol hexphosphate, inositol) to be of value in ridding Jazz of these benign neoplasms. These aren't expected to respond to any conservative therapy and so surgical resection remains the standard of care. It's important to not dose cats with untested and unproven remedies. Cats are remarkably intolerant to many drugs and chemicals. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Hi Terri,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jazz. How is everything going?