Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

What does Tapazole do cat diagnosed as Hyper thyroid?

Customer Question

What does Tapazole do for a cat diagnosed as Hyper thyroid?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response.

Friend, as you may already know a cat that is Hyperthyroid has an over production of thyroid hormone. In other words, the patient is producing too much thyroid hormone. The goal of treatment is to reduce the levels of thyroid hormone to eliminate the symptoms associated with hyperthyroidism. Tapazole decreases the levels of thyroid hormones by inhibiting the synthesis of thyroid hormones.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!