Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Snooki and little bit of upper respiratory in two month old

Customer Question

Snooki and little bit of upper respiratory in two month old rescue kitten
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Bless you for rescuing!

I am sorry the baby is not feeling well.

Please tell me more about her:

Is she sneezing?

Runny nose?

Is she eating?

What food?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is sneezing, runny nose, wheezing when she's breathing, eats and using stool just fine stools are also fine. She eats Rachel Ray kitten food nutrition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our vet claims they can't see us until Saturday morning
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.

Upper respiratory infections run rampant in shelters because they are airborne virus'. Hence, direct contact is not even necessary.

You can use little noses pediatric nose drops if her nose is stuffy.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/feline_upper_respiratory.html

Run a hot shower to make a steam room in your bathroom and take her in for ten minute intervals to break up congestion.

Warm her food to bring out the aroma to encourage eating. You can feed canned food or baby food chicken with no onion or garlic. She can even have some people tuna.

Go to a health food store and get lysine. Add 250 mg to her water to boost her immune system. Do it every day until she is all better.

She can even have one mg per lb of bendryl every 12 hours or one quarter of a 4 mg chlortrimeton every 24 hours to relieve the symptoms.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/diphenhydramine-benadryl/page1.aspx

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/chlorpheniramine-maleate-chlor-trimeton/page1.aspx

The most important things is to keep her eating and hydrated.

You can even drain the water from a can of tuna and let her lap it up.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am doing so now. Ty!
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

you are very welcome. It was my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
purrfectkitty