Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My small yellow tabby I spoke of, to the wonderful kind doc.

Customer Question

My small yellow tabby I spoke of, to the wonderful kind doc. above, answered all my questions & now I am here to Inform him she was taken by a hawk ten days ago. My 3 cat I loose in 7 months. All I loved & 2 had to be put down from mouth issues but this
last young one. Well, My pain of seeing this happen, well, nothing describes the hopelessness. Now, how to stop seeing her. meowing loud, as she was flown thru the air, with her one blind eye, as she loved to set on my rooftop in the mornings. I am devastated.
So, how does 1 mend a broken heart
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Oh my goodness. My condolences for your loss of Witty. I can't imagine seeing such a thing. Thank you for the photo. She's memorialized in my customer photo folder. Please consider a pet loss support group to which you might be referred by her vet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I choose not to have kids & cats instead. All 3 gone, in 7 months is worse than loosing my family in 18. I can't eat nor go outside as she was such the hunter, only to be hunted herself. I am in sheer grief & know only "time & patience" will heal this. Still, to get another one or stay pussy-less? Forgive my wording but that's just how I feel. So sad, So nothing, so zip @ 63. I have lost 11 pounds since my big Show I had to put down this past Feb. Good grief, no one said life was ez & it sure gets worse. I am numb but if I am blessed with another, he will never go outside. This is way to hard. Thank u.
Can u believe I paid 19$ just to tell you this, guess talking helps as I remain single in Tn as Jeannine Johnson, in a whole lot of loss or In a huge question mark????

What a terrific photo! I understand, Jeannine, but that's another reason I'm here - if only to listen. There's no one rule for if and when to bring another puss into your home. It's trite to say but you'll "just know" when it's time. In fact, the decision might be made for you should a stray appear at your front door. No, the Golden Age my a*s. I just turned 68. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U know, I would call u but u would not understand my voice as years drop hard. Just FYI(###) ###-####Maybe later

My goodness...such a lovely lady! I do regret, however, that I'm not allowed to communicate with customers by phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u.
I still got to tell a stranger of my loss that Would understand.
Good day sir
Hope y'all cool off some over there

You're quite welcome.

You may receive an inappropriate follow up sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This guy is very kind & listened well to my sorrow. If I get another, I will always ask for him, a stranger, who knows a lot of pain in his years if vet service to all. Thank u
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am practicing mindfulness now. Be in the moment.
For we know not what the day may bring

Thank you for your kind words. No need to reply at this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A*