Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My kitten just got her first set of shots on saturday, along

Customer Question

My kitten just got her first set of shots on saturday, along with dewormed and flea medicine. Now she is not eating and is throwing up the water that she drinks. Is this normal?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

How long has she been vomting up the water she drinks?

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started last night and still doing it today
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. A delayed hypersensitivity reaction to vaccines can arise quite a few days after vaccination but Jewels's vomiting and anorexia becomes less likely due to such a reaction as time passes. If her vomiting has persisted and she can't retain food or fluids, she's going to become dehydrated and electrolyte imbalanced and require the attention of her vet who will, at the least, administer subcutaneous fluids/electrolytes and perhaps an injectable antacid and antiemetic. Diagnostic testing in the form of blood and urine tests and imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound would be predicated upon the findings of a thorough physical exam.

Please give me an update on Jewels if you wish.