Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My cat has a crusty sore on s anus. As recently as last

Customer Question

My cat has a crusty sore on his anus. As recently as last night it was just a red spot but I felt it rub rough against my arm when I was holding him tonight. Should this be something I should be worried about? The vet is kind of out of the budget right now (tough month) and I hope he's ok. I've uploaded a photo of it at http://i59.tinypic.com/24erxxl.jpg.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this. Any mass, or wound that grows on the anus needs to be either removed or biopsied as this is a location that tumors like to grow in. I looked at the pic but there is no way to diagnose this without a biopsy or removal or at the very least closer examination of mass under magnification. I know this is not what you wanted to hear but I would be remiss if I told you otherwise. Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can help with. Most Sincerely, DRB