Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

I have a 15 year old cat. He has stop eating/ drinking and

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old cat. He has stop eating/ drinking and it is hard for him to get around. He is also making a very high pitch meowing. I don't have a lot of money for a vet. Visit. What to do
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His breathing seems very labored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond.
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I see that your question hasn't received attention yet and I'm quite sorry. I think part of the reason is that it's going to be a difficult question to fully answer over the internet. Our job performance as experts is measured by our customer ratings, so sometimes when experts think they might get a bad rating, they'll shy away from a question. If you don't need any info anymore, please just disregard this posting.

Labored breathing is one symptom that I never ignore. I always want to examine my patients if their owners are reporting labored breathing because it can absolutely be life threatening. I'm really sorry that I can't help more over the internet. I know that you love your kitty and you want to do what you can to help but in this situation, you need to get him to the vet.

Please let me know if I can help any more.

~Dr. Sara