Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I have a 10 year old Cornish Rex (rescue), she has

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old Cornish Rex (rescue) , she has allergies, which are under control. Recently she has started losing weight and seems to have some problems with her hind legs, she can't sit or jump as normal
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she been losing weight?

Is she eating well and the extra you offer?

Any increase in her drinking?

Does her urine look watery or more voluminous then before?

Any diarrhea?

Does she seem to be losing muscle on her back legs?

What are you seeing that isn't normal? (ie dragging her legs, appearing stiff, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long has she been losing weight? for about 2 weeksIs she eating well and the extra you offer? yes, she is eating, but I have to water it down. She has had problems with her teeth before.Any increase in her drinking? no, but she is getting extra fluids in her foodDoes her urine look watery or more voluminous then before? not that i know of. ( i have 5 cats) there are no big clumps in the litter box though, I've been watching for that. I have had 3 diabetic cats before, and currently have one with asthma.Any diarrhea? NoDoes she seem to be losing muscle on her back legs? NoWhat are you seeing that isn't normal? (ie dragging her legs, appearing stiff, etc)? She doesn't have the strength to jump with her back legs, she misses. She is not running and playing as normal.The one picture shows that she can't seem to sit even when eating
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

Do you think she is drinking the same despite your adding water to her food? More or less then normal?

Since you are watering the food down, how much food do you think she is getting overall?