Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My kitten is about 6 months old and this morning she started

Customer Question

my kitten is about 6 months old and this morning she started having liquidy clear/yellowish stools and is leaking clear fluid from her anus. shes also vomitting what looks like spit. she isnt fixed or had any of her shots yet. also for awhile now her lower abdomen like back between her hind legs seems somewhat swollen and it kinda hangs i guess u could say. and a few weeks back she urinated in the house right infront of us like 3 different times when she has never had accidents at all. we dont have the $ for a vet right now please help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is hard to know what is causing this condition in poor little Bella. Hopefully, this is a mild digestive disturbance caused by something odd she may have ingested and in that case, the treatment is as follows:

Fast Bella for 12-24 hrs to allow the digestive tract to calm down and heal.
Give her Pepcid AC or Famotidine at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. That can be purchased over the counter at the pharmacy.
Give only small amounts of water during the fast or ice cubes
After the fast, feed rice and boiled chicken (2/1)

If the vomiting and Diarrhea have resolved, then wean her back onto regular food. If the vomiting persists especially during the fast, take Bella to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause for this. This is extremely important since this can cause dehydration or other more serious concerns such as an infectious disease.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****